Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Dress Code
22x30 watercolor on 140 lb cold press paper, a design composition I made up awhile back using parts of a dress catalog advertisement, one of my red amaryllis and my cockatoo paintings. Along with the cut up dress images, I squeezed in iconic evergreen trees here and there. I moved parts around on a large 5x9 index card until I got a pleasing arrangement, then drew it from there. Each abstract segment is its own little painting. The large black pendant necklace on a grey and red suit gave the painting its title of Dress Code.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Rusted GMC Truck
11x15 watercolor based on an earlier version of an old Jimmy, also sold, with this one a bit more green. Foliage is layered and I used neg...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment