Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Chickadee with Watercan and Pansies - Demo

11x15 watercolor floral still life with bird and watering can, a demo done last night for Brownfield Art Association.  I had previously drawn the composition that featured my old metal watercan and fresh pansies, photographed a few years ago.  The chickadee was added as if he just flew by and stopped to check out the Spring colorful annuals, and will fit nicely into my series.  This was a timed demonstration of one hour, wet on dry using Canson 140 lb paper with Daniel Smith paints.
Image is COPYRIGHT 2014 Kay Smith.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is so lovely Kay. The colors are fresh and clean and I love the added bird. IT makes me think of Spring....sigh...

Lemons in Blue Bowl

6x6 watercolor using White Nights paints on Masters Touch sketchbook 80 lb paper done week before last. As part of a WetCanvas challenge we...