12x9 watercolor/ink/collage on paper done today as part of a Facebook challenge to do a virtual sketchcrawl. It was a much warmer day here in west Texas so I ventured downtown to the old State National Bank building who now loans its impressive architecture to pigeons instead of money to people. Drawn with Lamy Safari pen/grey Noodler's ink on Cheap Joe's sketchbook. Look closely and you can see one of those fake checks I turned over and adhered with matte medium...how appropriate. They come in the mail for thousands of dollars if you'll only endorse and cash for your business needs. I've always loved the old building and its cement trim and dimly remember when it was open so many years ago on Main Street in Big Spring. Walk north several feet and you'll be in the Railroad Plaza where Linda Rupard and I had our first studios.
Image is COPYRIGHT 2015 Kay Smith.
Saturday, January 17, 2015
Old State National Bank
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Locked and Loaded Cowboy
15x11 watercolor on Canson 140 lb CP done week before last, another in my western series. This is from a movie still of Clint Eastwood and ...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...

No comments:
Post a Comment