8.5x5.5 watercolor and ink line on Masters paper done last week while working on Sketchbook Skool assignments. After a line drawing was done using Micron 01 pen I added the word 'sunflower' around the composition, then loosely splashed various warm golds and ochres across its face. Cools were put in next and no form was followed. I could go back with a darker color and do the background to make the flower stand out for a different look.
Image is COPYRIGHT 2014 Kay Smith.
Monday, October 27, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coffee Grinder & Pear
7x5.5 watercolor over ink line with Micron 0.3 pen. The ink sketch was done for a previous #InkTober for the prompt word 'ancient'...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

2 comments:
NicePractice.I'll Give It A Try.
Dear Kay - this is so neat...very cheerful and such a cool idea about writing sunflower around it! Thank you so much for sharing. Now I am going back and look through some of the other posts I have missed since I last stopped by. Have a wonderful week.
Post a Comment