Thursday, September 8, 2016

Abstract Sunflower ~ alcohol inks on Yupo

6.5x11 alcohol inks created a few days ago on Yupo, a synthetic plastic paper.  After spritzing with rubbing alcohol in a mister bottle, I dropped yellow, blue and red inks, letting them run and blend while tilting.  Inks dry very fast so next I did the centre in several shades of reds; yellow was dropped in on top as was green.  Small dots of rainforest green details put in around the sphere.  I used Pinata brand inks by Jacquard.  This is the second floral experiment.  Today I did a larger sunflower so will show it later.  Stay tuned.  I'm loving the vivid hues of these inks and the overall free spontaneous look made with no pencil or brush.
Image COPYRIGHT 2016 Kay Smith.

2 comments:

Billie Crain said...

Isn't this medium a blast to work with? Love your inky things.

Siggi in Downeast Maine said...

Love what you are doing with the AIs .. beautiful

Dry Desert Icons

30x22 watercolor on Kilimanjaro 140 lb cold press paper painted earlier in the month. I have painted this southwest landscape mission more ...